Kelley KiddShow Phone Number
31 Covington Place
Greensboro, NC 27407
Kel's Critters Pet Sitting
The following is a list of our policies and procedures. We want our clients to be fully informed. Please read it carefully and feel free to ask any questions at any time.
1. Please remember to call upon your return home, otherwise we will continue to make visits to ensure the safety and well-being of the pet(s). Any additional visits will be added to your invoice at time and one half. You may call at any hour and leave a message. It is very important you call upon your return, or to let us know you will be arriving later than expected. If we do not hear from you we will assume you are not home and make a return visit. Even if you are home when we get there, we will still charge the extra visit amount.
2. Payment is expected at the start of service. You may leave payment for us to pick up at the first visit. New Clients should expect to pay at the initial consult. Checks should be made out to Kelley Kidd.
3. Always confirm your reservation with us directly. You may leave a message, or email, but you will need to hear back from us that it has been received.
4. When you make an advanced reservation, (does not apply to dog play times or regular weekly visits) we will call 24-48 hours in advance to confirm. If you do not hear from us, please get in touch.
5. Cancellation of daily dog walks should be done before 7:30am. We understand things come up such as bad weather or illness. As long as you let us know early enough, there will not be a charge for the day.
6. Visits are scheduled between 6:30am and 8:30 pm. We cannot guarantee to be at your home at a specific time, unless specific instructions have been left involving administering medications. We will try to stay as close to a preferred time to keep the pet(s) on a regular schedule. Indoor dogs or animals requiring medications will get first priority.
7. In case of severe weather, we will get to your pet as soon as it is safely possible. If you are going away during the winter season, please refer to our inclement weather plan for instructions.
8. We cannot be held liable for free roaming outdoor cats in the event of injury, illness, loss or death. For their safety, it is advised that they remain inside your home during your absence. All dogs are required to be on a leash when outside except for when in secured owner’s property (fenced in yard) or under special circumstances with owner’s instructions.
9. We will accept clients with invisible fencing, but they must be aware of the risks: the fence or collar could malfunction, your dog(s) could become excited or frightened and cross anyway, and the fence does not prohibit other animals from entering the yard. Insurance will not cover any incidents involving invisible fencing. We generally prefer to keep the pet on a leash to prevent any incidences.
10. It is the client’s responsibility to “pet proof” any areas of the home where the pet has access. This would include investigating fences, gates, latches, etc. We cannot be held responsible for injuries that the pet(s) suffer due to unsafe conditions in the home.
11. Please let us know of any other people who have access to your home while you are away. For our safety and the safety of your home, we will call the police upon finding anyone else there, unless otherwise specified by you. Due to liability issues, we prefer that only Kel’s Critters Pet Sitting be allowed to care for your animals while you're away. This is for the security of your home and also to prevent any issues that may arise if something happens to the animals on another persons watch.
12. In the event of a situation that prevents us from making our scheduled visit, I will arrange for another qualified individual to fulfill the responsibilities set forth in our agreement.
13. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold reservations for Christmas holidays and for extended service requirements (more than 14 days).
14. Cancellation Charge Schedule:
0-48 hours prior to any service, and/or holiday: Payment in full is charged (no refund)
2-7 days prior to any service: 20% of service total is due (equals an 80% refund)
8 days prior to any service: No charge, refund in full.
15. We charge time and one half for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
16. We visit pets every day. We require that dogs are seen a minimum of twice daily. All pets in the home are considered under our care.
17. We like to take pictures of the pet(s) for a photo album and/or web page. If you prefer we not photograph your pet(s) please let us know.
18. There are no refunds if you return early from your trip, since we have already scheduled this time for you. We can either continue the job or issue a credit for future use. Credits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
19. Since we do work morning, noon, and night, 365 days a year, we cannot guarantee the same pet sitter will always be the one to care for your pet(s). Pet sitters do get sick, injured, and do need to take time off. Because of that, we have found wonderful assistants, who've had thorough background checks, are insured and bonded, and who are excellent with pet care.
Home Policies Services